Sunday, May 1, 2022

Our Hearts Melt.

 I just needed to drop by for a short post.

 Quinn valiantly drove us to the Waffle House part of the country, and we had so much to talk about that the radio stayed silent, like the old days of marathon training (I’d say “without the diarrhea” but with chemo, that’s not always true.)

 I’m hours away from home, tucking in for bed half way to Nashville to have one more Cancer Conversation, and reading and responding to texts and emails from our incredible community. 

In just a few short hours, we heard from so many of you with offers of McMuffin Cash, gas money for The Badger, hotel points and love, love, love.

All of our hotels for the known appointments have been booked - many by my best friends from high school, people who I have rarely seen in 20 years, people who have their own lives and families and still dropped everything to come to our aid. 

Many more folks I’ve spoken to have long term plans for taking care of us - trips to support me in Madison when Ruth can’t be there (and maybe have a little fun) food deliveries (we have a freezer full of enchiladas!!), and so much more.

My work team traveled today for a meeting in Florida that I should be at, but there was no guilt. All I received were supportive texts and pics, because they’ve got my back at work, too.

Lucky is not how I’d describe my situation but I feel like I can see the strong and colorful fibers of my community in a way than not all of us get to. I wish I didn’t have to ask everyone to gather round, but I sure feel stronger standing within your circle.

Xoxo

JD, RD, EtCD

Also, I drove for 20 mins of the trip to pick up Quinn. It went something like this. 


1 comment:

  1. We have like, a LOT of Egg Mcs to eat yet. #letsgoMadison

    ReplyDelete

All the News That's fit to Print

 About three weeks ago we felt our village come together to support us in our pursuit of the trial offered by UW Wisconsin. My friend Amanda...