I had been under the impression that my next CT scan would be about 8 weeks from the start of treatment. I received a phone call yesterday from my Trial Coordinator asking my availability for a CT during my “scan window” which was “now through Wednesday.” While I was irritated with the last minute notice and rush of it all, I got the distinct feeling that the Trial Coordinator was worse off that me - this felt a little like an “oh shit” situation where maybe he thought someone else was scheduling trial patients and then realized almost too late that he ALMOST really messed this up. Anyway, there was a cancellation downtown today (Friday) at 2pm, so I took the slot.
I arrived at 130, as required. They didn’t call me in until 220, and then I learned that I had to drink oral contrast and so I’d be here for 90 mins or so watching daytime tv while the contrast digested. I guess I’m not making it back to work this afternoon.
The good news is - fresh scans! We might see no change. We might see spreading or worsening cancer. We might see shrinking tumors! There’s no way to know!
What’s your Friday afternoon look like?
No comments:
Post a Comment